Schmid Automation GmbH

Experts in automation since 1958

History

  • 1958
    Company established with headquarters in St.Gallen
  • 1975
    Focus of activity centred on process automation
  • 1989
    Establishment of subsidiary in Augsburg
  • 1995
    Acquisition of activities of Filtrox Automation departmentG
  • 1998
    TÜV - Certification of Schmid Automation AG in DIN EN ISO 9001
  • 2000
    Extension of range of services to include automation of bulk materials storage & handling systems by acquisition of Pfister Systemtechnik GmbH, Augsburg
  • 2008
    Entry into the US market; adoption of the UL standards and programming of Rockwell control systems in our portfolio
  • 2000
    Modernisation of control panel construction; procurement of a CNC control panel machining centre